With 50 years' experience, Aalto EE develops world-class solutions that utilize Aalto University’s multi-disciplinary faculty and approach. We assist our clients in developing and carrying out strategic transformation. We co-create with organizations' impactful and inspirational executive development solutions and help our clients to address current and future business challenges.
Our carefully selected, participatory, and customized learning methods ensure results that last. Our extensive global faculty network guarantees that our clients always have the brightest minds and the latest research at their disposal. We provide organizations with up-to-date knowledge and skills on leadership and leadership development. Our jointly created and designed solutions are based on a combination of solid expertise, customer insight, concrete action, and an experimental approach.
Clients Ranging from International Corporations to the Public Sector
Our extensive client base covers large and medium-sized private and public organizations all over the world. We work with large Finnish and multinational companies headquartered in the Nordics as well as with multinational companies based in Asia and operating globally.
Aalto EE runs close to 100 customized programs every year. We have long-term collaborative partnerships with our clients and engage them in multi-phase and intensive solutions. The programs are supported by a dedicated team that acts as a learning partner, assists in challenging the client’s thinking, and helps their organization raise internal awareness of the benefits of the program.
Creating Value for Our Clients through Solutions with Real Impact and Applicability
We support our clients in creating value in their organization and businesses through our impactful programs, which help them, for example, to
- ignite and support organizational transformation – whether driven by structure, process or culture;
- upgrade management and leadership skills across all organizational levels;
- lead digital transformation in the business;
- harness organization's competitive edge and develop sustainable strategies;
- cultivate organizational agility and readiness for change;
- inspire innovation and an innovative culture; and
- successfully implement talent management.
The solutions can vary from a board-level strategy process to large-scale development programs, for example for the talent potential.
We also co-design impactful, fully online programs with our customers. The virtual programs are utilizing Aalto EE’s existing/topical online courses, such as Design Thinking and Fundamentals of Change Management.
The program outcome and the impact of participant’s learning experience will be enhanced by tailoring a variety of learning elements around the online courses, e.g. live webinars, assignments between the online modules, online check-ups with program director together with faculty, and small group discussions.
Customized Online Program Example
Our Co-creation Process
We start by developing an in-depth holistic understanding of our client’s development needs, business challenges, and strategic objectives, as well as current and aspired competencies. We customize and co-design with our clients to develop impactful programs building on the clients’ strengths and Aalto EE’s expertise.
The key steps generally include
- developing a shared vision of the desired outcome and impact and how it will be measured,
- detailed needs finding,
- collaborative ideation and iteration,
- validation of the program concept and methods, and
- finalization and approval of the program.
We guarantee that program delivery will be impactful and inspirational. We deliver by selecting the best experts from our international faculty network and utilizing the appropriate learning methods. The Aalto EE Program Director has a key role in ensuring consistency and a red thread throughout the program.
Examples of learning methods:
- Impactful face-to-face experience
- Efficient and flexible online modules
- Business project work as an experiential learning platform
- Business coaching and/or mentoring
- Research-based innovative methods and simulations (e.g. Aalto Strategy War Game)
We evaluate the impact together with our clients according to the jointly agreed measures. We use both qualitative and quantitative methods.
Examples of impact measures:
- Leadership assessments, e.g. 360
- Agreed business KPIs, e.g. customer satisfaction (NPS)
- Other KPIs, e.g. a Leadership Index as part of an employee engagement measurement
- Value created by business projects
- Individual career progression
- Long-term impact survey for program participants
- Qualitative interviews
Aalto EE ranked 42nd globally in the Financial Times Executive Education overall ranking in 2020 and is therefore within the top one percent of executive education providers in the world. The ranking assures our customers of the world-class quality of our program content, methods, and faculty.
Open enrollment and customized programs are ranked separately in the FT Executive Education ranking. The overall listing is based on the total rating achieved in these two categories. The Financial Times only ranks the top 50 executive education providers. Altogether, some 4,000 institutions offer executive education and MBA programs globally.