Aalto Service Leader
Lead Your Service Business to Innovation and Growth
The Aalto Service Leader program combines insight from the three fields of Aalto University – business, technology, and design – to give you the tools to innovate and lead service business in a digitalized world of networks.
The program addresses the following critical questions for any company seeking growth through services:
- How to take a strategic look at the challenge?
- develop viable and successful business models and take a position in a service value network
- How to exploit technology strategically?
- actively create new markets in the platform economy
- How to leverage you customers?
- obtain and exploit distinct customer insight to develop front-row service concepts and customer experience
- How to do it with your people?
- lead and inspire your people to deliver winning customer experiences
Companies used to build services around a product; today they need to embed the product in their service. The implications of digitalization for revenues, profits and opportunities are dramatic.
In a digital world, leveraging customer experience is crucial for your success. All this calls for inspiring and lucid leadership. Aalto Service Leader will give you the tools and methods to succeed.
Exploit the driving force of digitalization in both B2B and B2C environments. Learn to capture value in services through business model innovation and explore how to leverage customer and stakeholder experience for competitive advantage. And discover ways to lead your organization and coworkers through the transition.
Up to 4.5 European Credits (ECTS) can be transferred from the Aalto Service Leader program to the Aalto Executive MBA or Aalto MBA program.
Aalto Service Leader Framework
This program is targeted for directors and top managers seeking growth from new or existing services in B2B or B2C.
- Corporate directors responsible for strategic development, innovation, marketing, IT or R&D in service business and industrial services
- Top management in small and medium-sized companies
Contents and Schedule
Module 1: Service Strategies and Business Models
- Capturing value in the service economy
- The service-profit-chain
- Innovative service business models and strategies
- Productizing and branding services
- Improving service quality
Module 3: Leading Service Design for Improved Customer Experience
- Perceived customer value: the key for developing and leading services
- Design-based tools for service development
- Customer and stakeholder co-creation of services
- Minimum viable service, measuring and iterating for success
Module 2: New Markets through Digital Services
- New service value networks
- Mapping value added in networks
- Big data and cloud computing as business drivers
- Creating new business on digital platforms
- Introduction to Blockchain technology
Module 4: Leading Transition and Cultural Shift
- Building a culture for service excellence
- Designing structures for service excellence
- Leading change in a service organization
- Leading performance and continuous improvement in a service organization